In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Take That, Rosetta!.”
If I could wake up tomorrow and be fluent in any language I don’t currently speak, I would choose to be fluent at C#.
According to Wikipedia, C# (pronounced as see sharp) is a multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing, imperative,declarative, functional, generic, object-oriented (class-based), and component-oriented programming disciplines.
So, what is the reason for my choice? In fact, there are a number of them:
- If I knew C#, I could program the requirements, that I gather from clients;
- C# Developer is a well-paid job;
- C# is becoming open source;
- My boyfriend uses .NET in his job, so I’d have more things to talk to him about;
- I would like to speak Russian as well, but it’s quite hard, and cannot be learned overnight. 🙂